Location - Various
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Electric Meter Engineer preferably qualified to CT level to join a highly reputable Meter Operations Company based in the Midlands. Strong Poly Phase experienced Whole Current experienced operatives will also be considered for the role
You will be based from your home address and will have the support of a well-established team of field management and office professionals who pride themselves on their high levels of service and support to both commercial customers and colleagues in the field. You will truly be recognised for your efforts and contribution as well as enjoy the atmosphere of being part of a genuinely friendly company that cares about all of its employees.
Your main function will be to work on metering and sub metering roles as well as other technical installation projects as required. This is an agency based role, offering a good basic salary plus excellent career prospects as well as all of the tools and equipment required to carry out the job. You will enjoy working mainly Monday to Friday between 8am-17.00, although to meet the needs of our customers at times you may need to work outside of this.
You must be prepared to work in all weathers, and in sometimes difficult or dirty conditions as some metering equipment can be in based in areas such as basements or outside. A reasonable level of physical fitness and manual dexterity is also required to undertake regular manual handling.
- Carry out complete installations and replacements of single phase and 3 phase WC meters.
- Installation and Maintenance of LV COP3, COP 5 and COP 10 Smart Metering Systems for Commercial and Industrial Customers (WC and LVHVCT)
- Installation and commissioning of metering equipment
- Installation of Sim cards, Modem swaps and HG aerials and extension cables
- Meter tail installation into service heads/CT Chambers
- Connection of BNO installations
Skills and Experience required:
- Prior experience of complex metering installations and setups
- Proactive time management and the ability to progress appointments through to successful completions
- Be familiar with industry standard meter types (EDMI, Elster, ISKRA etc) and their software.
- Familiarity with various metering modems is required
- Good IT and MS Office skills.
- Sound electrical background, relevant to the installation of Code of Practice 3, 5 and 10 Smart Metering and knowledge of CT's and meter cabinets
- Desirable 17th/18th IEE wiring regulation qualification
The following qualification and certification are required:
City & Guilds 236 qualification or equivalent. (Electrical).
MOCOPA Authorisation to LV/HVCT
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other