Our client is looking to recruit a Leader/Manager who will be responsible for the effective planning, development and deployment of manufacturing resources, within 2 areas of the business both of which are fast moving environments, to deliver on operational targets within budget and timescale including quality, performance, cost, people and health & safety.
Through this team, they will be responsible for ensuring performance in line with the production plan, adherence to standards, organization of production flow, facilitating inter-departmental actions (maintenance, logistics...) and resolving problems at the earliest opportunity.
Specific duties will include the following:
- Ensuring that the Department's Health, Safety, Environmental and HR policies are adhered to and objectives achieved.
- Attending daily deployment meetings with the planning team to determine and agree the production plan, ensuring that all resources are in place to achieve this requirement.
- Motivating and developing the team and identifying training needs to ensure that skill base is not a constraint
- Deploying Continuous Improvement methodologies in order to achieve challenging targets in labour productivity, machine utilisation, material usage and scrap reduction projects
- Act as a role model for safety behaviours and practices, while re-enforcing correct behaviours of team members through regular behavioural safety observations
- Undertake initial investigation of accidents / incidents, providing a statement of facts and conducting initial investigations and identifying countermeasures
- Manage and support team leaders in ensuring that standards are on target and any deviations have a clear action plan.
- Analyse downtime losses & Assembly Time deviations and launch actions/projects to eliminate the root causes for those losses
- Ensure team members conduct thorough handovers to ensure all team members have the required information to succeed
- Ensure compliance on key activities - e.g. machine inspections, quick process audits etc.
- Responsible for effective communication with the shopfloor, supporting them with the delivery of briefings / one point lessons.
- Organise overtime, ensuring that cover is in place, in accordance with Site rules and controls
- Responsibility of "Time Management System" for the team and for consequent Worked Hours reporting.
- Responsibility for Absence Management
- Conduct Return to Work Interviews with employees following periods of absence and provide feedback to the Production Manager, using the defined standard format.
- Monitor timekeeping and lateness, escalating to the Production Manager as required.
- Manage holiday, in line with predefined site rules, escalating issues to the Production Manager as required.
- Complete B2B ordering for goods and services as required
- Complete SAP goods receipt for approved spend including contractors, ad hoc Security cover and cleaning services
The chosen candidate will ideally be educated to HNC/HND/Degree level in a Technical discipline and will have worked within a manufacturing business involving the supervision of a manufacturing team.
A strong background in MS Office packages e.g. Word, Excel and Power Point is essential and a working knowledge of SAP systems will be a plus.
Remuneration package includes:
- Competitive annual salary
- 39 hours per week (Flexible in terms of actual hours)
- 33 days holiday (including Bank Holiday)
- Defined Contribution pension scheme - contributory up to 4% pensionable pay which the company will add up to 8% of pensionable pay
- Private healthcare medical cover for self
- Health cash plan scheme
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other