My Client is recruiting for a Service Engineer in the Water Sector
Salary & package: Competitive salary + Company Vehicle + Overtime + Commission + 25 days holiday plus bank holidays + Company Pension
Hours & Shifts: Minimum 37.5 hours per week. This is a field based role and would suit someone living in the Sheffield area. However you may be required to travel to client sites outside of this area depending on your work schedule.
A flexible approach to customers' needs and working hours is required in this role and may include the need for you to work some weekends and during some public holidays. You will also be included on a rota to provide out of hours cover and rapid response to our clients.
About the role
As a field service engineer you will be required to give our clients the best in class quality service. This role is focused on the Industrial market.
You will provide on-site corrective/preventive maintenance for customer's water treatment equipment, including equipment swap outs, emergency response.
Once fully trained and competent you will be required to carry out commissioning work on standard equipment, and provide after-sales technical and commercial support.
As part of this role you will also be required to complete risk assessments, work reports, activity reports and other documentation.
You will be expected to go on the 'On Call Rota' once fully trained.
Experience and Qualifications:
To be considered for this role you will need to have the following;
- NVQ or higher in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering or similar or even working towards.
- Experience with the water treatment industry would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Knowledge of the Industrial market is desirable.
- Experience of having worked as a Service Engineer or in a field based technical support role would be an advantage but not essential.
- Passionate about providing a first class service to our customers.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written, with the versatility to communicate at all levels in a clear and concise manner.
- A professional approach to your work and communication with colleagues and customers.
- A good level of IT competency
- Good organisational skills with an eye for detail and the ability to prioritise workload and manage multiple tasks.
* A full UK driving license is required.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other