Senior Quantity Surveyor – Landscape construction
My client are one of the UKs leading groundworks and landscaping contractors, and work on many of the UKs major infrastructure projects with other leading organisations. Delivering the highest standard quality of work is of the upmost importance, interested? Read on!
The position of Senior Quantity Surveyor will be field based/ working from home, with a large amount of travel to site projects across the South of England and in/around London – candidates within these regions will be well located for the required travel.
The successful candidate will run a flexible and varied diary so must be self-motivated whilst being capable of communicating and functioning within the wider team.
The overall objective will be to help improve the financial performance and reporting on a variety of projects focused around landscape and groundwork that we are continuously working on. You will also be responsible for communicating corrective action to delivery teams which will ensure profit targets are met and delivery runs smoothly. You will also have experience in client facing meetings and be comfortable creating and discussing reports and monitoring delivery progress.
Successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 5years commercial quantity surveying experience.
- Prior experience in landscape construction projects, or similar groundwork/ infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge of JCT/ NEC3 contracts.
- Experience in taking off materials to compare the drawings against BOQ items.
- Assisting with the preparation of procurement schedules for obtaining material price quotations and call-off against programme.
- Analytical approach to work with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent reporting skills, with clear and concise communication to all parties.
- Attend internal monthly contract review meetings and prior submission of financial summary to the Commercial Manager.
- Ideally hold a chartered membership such as MRICs/ MCIOB and have a relevant degree background to quantity surveying however we are open to discussing these aspects.
- Must have a full driving licence and be eligible to work in the UK.
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor can expect to earn a base salary of £40,000-£55,000 (dependant on experience), company car, performance related bonus and a long list of further company benefits.
Get in contact for more details and an informal discussion!
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
+ Car + Bonus
- Industry Sector Construction