Junior Front end Engineer
£35,000 - £45,000
2 days a week in the office
Our client is a leading publishing company and due to continued growth & development they have asked us to invite applications for the position of Junior front end engineer.
They are seeking an enthusiastic individual to join the team as a Front end Engineer. An engineer at heart, but one with the confidence, vision and perception to distil complex requirements into deliverable features. A great communicator with the ability to effectively convey technical concepts to non-technical team members. A forward-thinking individual who can balance championing the user whilst meeting business requirements, able to justify and wield the best tools for the job.
What you'll be doing
- You will be working as part of a multi-disciplined product team where you will be required to:
- Produce code in an iterative way, following Agile, DevOps and continuous delivery principles and best practises
- Follow and promote a shift left development and testing approach where developers code their own unit and integration tests using frameworks such as Nightwatch.js
- Work in an iterative way following Agile, DevOps and continuous delivery best practises
- Work along UX designers to translate designs into real user interfaces, proposing alternatives whenever necessary
- Experience on single page applications (SPA) using React, HTML and CSS.
- Experience on integrating web applications with Restful API's
- Experience on the design and development of event-driven applications
- Experience on Git, Git branching strategies and its application to continuous delivery
- Experience of Agile, DevOps and continuous delivery ways of working.
- Pro-active, resourceful and a strong team player
Nice to have
- Experience with Node JS
- Experience using Docker containers
- Exposure using AWS to deploy and run applications
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector IT & Internet