£35,000 - £45,000
2 days a week in the office
Our client is a leading publishing company and due to continued growth & development they have asked us to invite applications for the position of Backend Developer.
From a technical perspective, you will be working as part of a multi-disciplined product team including Product Managers, Delivery Manager, UX/Designer, Technical Architect, Test Automation Engineer and other Developers, where you will be required to:
- Produce code in an iterative way, following Agile, DevOps and continuous delivery principles and best practises
- Follow and promote a shift left development and testing approach where developers code their own unit and integration tests using different frameworks and tools.
Develop and maintain clean, high-performance code, covered with various unit and API tests and in line with the continuous delivery ways of working adopted by the company
- Demonstrable experience programming in Java and using Spring, Hibernate, Apache Tomcat and search engines such as Apache Solr or ElasticSearch
- Experience in designing and writing RESTful APIs following industry best practice.
- Advanced knowledge and experience on Git, Git branching strategies and its application to continuous delivery
- Experience using AWS to deploy and run applications
- Flexible and able to adjust to changing priorities in an Agile, iterative and fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fast learner, pro-active, resourceful and a strong team player
Nice to have
- Experience on building serverless applications
- Experience on using AWS Serverless Application Model (SAM)
- Experience using Docker containers
- Experience coding in other programming languages including Python and Node.js
- Knowledge on single page applications (SPA) using React, HTML and CSS.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector IT & Internet