To adhere to and support development of new product introduction (NPI) best practices during the stage gate process of all programmes in order to reduce cost and production down time.
Strategy and Development
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice industrial engineering; planning vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
General and Task Management
- Support the lead manufacturing engineer with the delivery of NPI across the business.
- Attend design reviews, design for manufacture and assembly and support the production line through to delivery of new products.
- Create manufacturing works instructions and visual aids.
- Support mock up, prototype builds and first shipset deliveries.
- Raising engineering query notes and supporting change processes
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities within the organisation
- Identify and justify capital equipment investment
- Attend various meetings with internal and external stakeholders reporting to senior leadership team
- Produce written reports and make presentations
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Travel may be requested to other companies within the AVIC Cabin Solution family.
- Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedures
- Support encourages and develop team
- Proactively contribute to creating a good team atmosphere
- Anticipates and overcomes obstacles
- Makes useful links to arrive at insightful plans and solutions
- Embraces personal challenge
- Confident, rounded thinking
- Takes ownership for team cohesion
- Understanding of industry best practise of manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Airbus and or Boeing systems and processes
- Knowledge of global completion in the cabin interiors industry
- Strong working knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD
- Some knowledge and experience of Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA), Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), and Lean Manufacturing techniques
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other