The nature of the telecommunications industry and ever-changing technologies in use have created opportunities for smaller specialist providers to thrive. Boundless have designed and created an industry leading network that serves large parts of both Lancashire and Yorkshire delivering coverage from the East coast to the west Coast of the UK.
We serve thousands of businesses and homes across this region providing broadband, telephone services and networking solutions.
We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our Engineering team as an office-based administrator. The role of Engineering Administrator encompasses a wide range of responsibilities which are designed to ensure we provide the best possible service to our customers.
The role is office-based which will see you dealing with scheduling jobs, handling permit applications, offering support to the field engineers and quality checking returned work packs.
A suitable candidate for this role will have previous experience working within the telecoms industry. Candidates are expected to show a professional manner, a knowledge of telecoms engineering and an interest in wireless and fibre technology and networks.
- To ensure customers, clients and the office are kept informed about changes or delays for installs.
- Be a point of contact for the field engineering teams should they require any assistance with health and safety advice, or installation advice.
- Submitting Streetworks Permits.
- Submitting Openreach PIA documentation including whereabouts, A55s and NOI (Notice of Intent).
- Work with the accounts department to purchase and prepare stock for planned works.
- Maintaining stock levels.
- To provide an exemplary level of customer service.
- To ensure all necessary documentation is updated, completed, and returned to the relevant person(s).
- Quality check job packs going out of the office and being returned to the office.
- Occasional on-site visits where required.
- Identify areas of inefficiency in the field teams and report them back to the Engineering Team Leader.
- Any ad-hoc tasks.
- Useful Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Preferred experience working with Streetworks and either PIA/Openreach.
- Ability to problem solve through situational, on-the-job and work assessments.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Strong IT, Numeracy and Literacy Skills to Level 2 or equivalent
- Hold a UK Driving License
- Competitive Salary
- Free on-site parking (Including when on Holiday and using Leeds Bradford Airport for flights)
- Convenient transport links to Leeds and surrounding area
- Paid day off on your Birthday (Following successful probation period)
- Company Pension Scheme
- On-site Café with staff discounts
- Full Time Role - 40 Hours Per Week
- Working Hours 8am - 5pm (1hr Lunch)
- Permanent contract
- 3 Months probationary period
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other