Offering a yearly profit related bonus, life assurance, a stakeholder pension, a share incentive plan, sick pay & a free lunch every day, you will be joining a successful business who have built a culture based on their core values of pride, quality, service, support, accountability and respect. They believe the key to a successful business is building the right team and giving them the tools and the opportunity to succeed.
Due to a significant period of growth they now have a brand new opportunity for a Head of Supply Chain to join them with a core focus on the effectiveness of the Planning and Procurement processes within the business.
As a Head of Supply Chain you will have the below responsibilities:
- Lead and provide the strategic leadership and operational oversight of the Planning and Procurement team
- Review and implement process and procedures to support the team, including defining the appropriate reports and KPI’s relevant to the team and wider business
- Implement and lead on a strategic approach to reducing lead–times on customer orders whilst maintaining appropriate stock levels
- Lead a supplier management programme that ensures delivery on time for the best value and to the right quality
- Provide strategic oversight of the MRP / ERP systems required to support the planning and procurement process
- Implement stock reduction and stock turn efficiencies, whilst maintaining stock levels to meet customer demands
- Work with the sales team at both quote and order stage to provide timely information enabling sales to provide the best information to customers
- Work with the Associate Operations Director and the Planning Manager to forecast and manage the planning and procurement of materials and people to enable on time delivery to customers
The successful Head of Supply Chain will ideally have the below skills and experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a senior operational role within a supply chain management &/or Planning environment.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to motivate staff and develop team commitment.
- Strategic procurement experience within a manufacturing background is essential
- Strong knowledge of production scheduling and planning systems using MRP / ERP processes
If you are interested in the above opportunity please click apply, or contact Orion Reading today for more information, thank you.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing