Position Assistant Design Manager
Day Rate Circa £30-40k+package
An exciting opportunity as one of UK’s largest main contractors is looking to recruit an Assistant Design Manager to join their Luton office. A highly successful company working on some of the UK’s most prestigious construction projects with an annual turnover more than £1bn and over 2000 employees nationwide.
You will be working on public sector projects with values from £2m to £5m, previous experience working on similar sized fit-out or new build projects is preferred but not essential. We are accepting applications from established Assistant Design Managers, Design Co-Ordinators or candidates coming straight from an architectural practice looking for their first step into a Design Management career. This role involves travelling to sites so you will need to be able to drive.
- To assist the Design Manager with organisational aspects of the project. These may include Document control- BIM Model sharing, requests for information, technical queries, BIM Execution Plan, Consultants scopes of service and responsibility matrix, file management, gate papers.
- To assist design teams in verification, validation and certification of designs, and ensuring
compliance with Building Regulations and Employer’s Requirements (ERs).
- Ensure delivery of design documentation in line with design and submissions programme:
- Dealing with enquiries from designers/supply chain/sub-contractors
- Liaising with Design Team members on approval matters
- Monitoring and “policing” document control system:
- Training designers/sub-contractors and other personnel on the relevant document management system
- Liaise with internal and external construction and design staff
- Support the application of Lean construction techniques in order to save money, reduce waste and optimise construction.
- Support the implementation of the BIM protocols, including teamwork and collaboration and the management and sharing of data relating to BIM models
- The individual should be a graduate with an understanding of Design and have experience in a similar role.
- They should have worked for a main contractor or architectural practice.
- It is recommended that they are working towards Professional Membership and professional qualifications in Building or Design relevant to the business stream.
- Good communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure.
- The individual should have a desire to continuously pursue innovation & development, with a focus on the customer and the relevant business stream.
- Good working knowledge of BIM is ideal.
- Excellent IT Skills, Numeracy and good written communications skills are required.
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role. If you have any other questions feel free to call me on 0207 167 4806 or alternatively please send in a CV to [email protected]
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Construction