A supportive SEN school in Lambeth is looking for a Special Needs Teaching Assistant / Learning Support Assistant. As a Special Needs Teaching Assistant / Learning Support Assistant you will be coordinating with the class teacher to facilitate a safe and nurturing learning environment for your SEN pupils who have autism (ASD), global delay (GD) and Communication difficulties (SLCN). You will be responsible for providing in-class support as well as leading 1:1 interventions focused on developing a pupil’s behaviour and social skills. Ideally you will have an understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS). You will be guided by the class teacher and SLT, who will actively support your development within the school.
- £85-£95 per day (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- Long-term, full-time
- Immediate start
- Continuous training
The successful Special Needs Teaching Assistant / Learning Support Assistant will:
- Have a positive attitude and dedication to learning on the job
- Have good understanding and/or experience with the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
- Have good SEN experience, especially with autism (ASD), global delay (GD) and communication difficulties (SLCN).
- Be comfortable taking direction from the class teacher
- Have a valid DBS / police check
If this sounds like you, please apply with your CV today!
COVID-19 Notice - We will not be interviewing candidates face-to-face; we will instead be interviewing via video link where possible or speaking via phone call. Vetting procedures will be carried out online.
UCM Education specialises in placing teachers and support staff in schools and nurseries throughout the UK. Due to the number of applications we receive for job posts, we cannot contact all unsuccessful applicants. We are an Equal Opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education
Less than 1 year