We're looking for software engineers experienced in embedded Linux development to create custom implementations for our National Security clients.
The role is primarily to develop new platform and system implementations, and will encompass: requirements capture/management, problem solving, design, development, implementation and documentation.
Why We Want You
Depending on your level of ability/experience, you will have familiarity, competence or expertise in a subset of these areas:
- Embedded software
- Linux Kernel development / Linux internals
- C/C++ development
- Driver modification and development
- Protocol stacks and networks
- Hardware/software integration
- VCS tools & techniques e.g. Git, SVN, branching, merging, patching, release management
- Development methodologies e.g. Agile (SCRUM, SAFe)
- Continuous integration, continuous deployment
- Security design and testing for handset applications
Beyond your technical skills, you will be proactive and able to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders. You will work well alone or as part of a team and grasp opportunities. You will be curious and seek out the best approach/solution/tool for the job at hand.
This role will also present you the opportunity to learn and develop skills in Android development.
The role is based in Romsey but with opportunity to work from home up to 3 days per week.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other