Our water sector client is seeking an Investigations Manager to join their field investigations team on the South coast (flexible working considered).
The Investigations Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day activities relating to the field investigations team whose responsibility is to resolve and mitigate customer and environmental impacting network failures. The ideal candidate will need to aspire to high levels of customer service and be able to drive these behaviours throughout the field investigations team.
The Investigations Manager will need to have the ability to get to the root cause of asset failure on the sewerage network and work with colleagues in the Asset Management Business Unit on finding effective solutions. They will need to work across both the Operations and Asset management functions to develop both Opex and Capex improvement plans to deliver our clients' pollution, flooding and value targets. They will need to work closely with company partners to ensure work is completed to both priority and quality.
- Management and development of team
- Budget monitoring and control
- Compliance with business procedures
- Managing business interfaces
- Performance management to ensure maximum productivity to achieve operational performance indicators
- Contribution to new and more efficient techniques
- Contribute to the development of business processes
- Project management
- Prioritisation of investment needs
Qualifications and skills
- Proven skills in leadership, project management, time & task management, strategic planning, and communication.
- Strategic, lateral, forward thinking with ability to take an overview of Company's assets and operational needs.
- Commercial Effectiveness and Business Expertise
- Interpretation of Business needs, resulting in the contribution to Company strategies and processes through informed decision making.
- Risk and Compliance
- Familiar with standard programme and project risk and issue identification and management.
- Skills and Competencies
- Sound report writing and presentation skills.
- Personal and Interpersonal Skills
- Effective interpersonal skills including excellent communication, influencing, and negotiating skills.
- Leadership and Management
- Line management of a small team, including matrix management of investigations.
- Ability to create effective development plans for their team.
- Proven operational and asset management experience of water and wastewater infrastructure assets or other similar utilities, and specifically key legislative requirements for MEICA related assets.
- Relevant experience as an engineer/manager with ideally technical management experience in the Water Industry at a senior level Qualifications
- HNC or equivalent in engineering/managerial qualification
- Competitive salary of up to £57k depending on experience
- £400 a month car allowance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Good company pension
- Flexible base of work
- Monday to Friday working - 37 hour working week
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other