We are a global engineering company specialising in the design, development and manufacture of medical devices. Due to continued growth, we have an exiting opportunity for a Maintenance Technician / Engineer to join our highly motivated team working nightshift.
The Maintenance Technician will provide Mechanical and Electrical support on hi-tech automated assembly lines, 50+ injection moulding machines (made by Engel, Fanuc, Krauss Maffei...); robotics; pneumatic/ hydraulic systems and ancillaries.
You will be working on the latest equipment that will give you the opportunity to learn all about interesting and complex machinery. You will be modifying PLC programs: Siemens S7 and Allen Bradley.
You will be working in clean-rooms and controlled areas while adhering to GMP standards. You will undertake scheduled Preventative Maintenance activities and record these with the use of SAP to ensure the control of spare components and process history.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Repairing faults as the first port of call for machine breakdowns
- Providing technical support to achieve production output standards
- Plan and execute pro-active preventative maintenance programs to minimise downtime
- Work from mechanical, schematics drawings to assist with fault finding
- Advise on technical issues, liaising with engineers and the production team as well as supporting Continuous Improvement activities
- Monitor machine performance
The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Maintenance Technician within the medical devices, T1 automotive, food & beverage, automation, industrial engineering or general manufacturing industry and have good experience working on injection moulding machines. The successful candidate will undergo skills training to acquire certifications such as cGMP and enable you to work in a cleanroom.
Your technical Qualifications and Skills:
- Electrical or mechanical engineering such as C&G, ONC
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship – In Engineering Manufacture (Engineering Maintenance)
- Level 3 NVQ Maintenance Engineering
- Qualified to 17th Edition level or equivalent, with a good knowledge of fault finding and repair in electrical and mechanical.
- Experience in PLCs, pneumatic and hydraulic systems as well as robotics.
- IT literate and able to navigate systems easily.
- Organised and self-motivated with a safety awareness of electrical, compressed air and
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing