Do you want to work in an environment where you can develop your skills and experience whilst working to support the UK's Armed Forces? Do you have experience working in a Reliability and Maintainability environment, and excited by the opportunity to work on military platforms and systems? If so, opportunities have arisen for Reliability Engineer to join us within the Land Domain at Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S).
In this rare and unique opportunity, you will join the Task based Engineering Resource (TBER) team, in Support Chain Services, delivering Reliability & Maintainability (R&M) engineering services to DE&S customers across the Army, Navy and Royal Air Force, to ensure equipment and contracted services deliver value for money and meet R&M contractual requirementsResponsibilities for Reliability Engineer
As a Reliability Engineer with DE&S, you will lead the operational direction and delivery of the engineering services demanded by customers in relation to the R&M discipline. You will provide direct support to MOD customers, including:
* Liaising with customers to understand the requirements of tasks
* Identifying and agreeing the detailed steps that will be undertaken to meet those requirements
* Proposing and agreeing the outputs/deliverables that will be associated with the requirements
* Scoping tasks in terms of cost and/or man-hours, as appropriate, to undertake the work, including the required calendar time.
Typical activities may include:
* Working for Delivery Teams to develop R&M programmes and products for complex equipment
* Providing expert assistance establishing R&M contracts (including leading expert help on the drafting of Pre-Qualification Questions, and assessment criteria of Invitation to Negotiate and Invitation to Tender R&M elements)
* Providing leading expertise on the generation of R&M requirements documents
* Developing and generating the Initial R&M Case, on behalf of customers
* Providing expert help with the development and/or evaluation of R&M Demonstrations
* Providing expert review of complex R&M documents
* R&M Modelling, including the development of Reliability Block Diagrams to support requirements/assurance arguments, Providing Detailed System Availability Modelling and development of "What If" scenarios to support requirements arguments, Providing Subject Matter Expertise support at Incident Sentencing Committees and R&M Working Groups/Panels, Attending trials, to support R&M test activity.
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* You will hold a minimum of a Level 6 (e.g. BEng) qualification in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline or will demonstrate the equivalent level of suitable experience
* You will hold Chartered/Incorporated Engineer status or will demonstrate the ability to obtain within 12 months
* You will have experience of providing R&M engineering services at a senior level and leading the delivery of successful R&M engineering outcome in multidisciplinary projects
* Knowledge and experience of project R&M programmes, which may include:
* The application of the R&M case process including the development of associated artefacts
* Typical R&M analysis, modelling and processes applied during a project lifecycle
* The development and conduct of R&M trials activity including analysis of results
* Ability to deliver and critically review complex R&M related Plans and Reports
It will also benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Knowledge and experience of Reliability Growth/Qualification Testing, Data Recording and Corrective Action System (DRACAS) process (including incident sentencing), Maintainability Demonstrations, Health and Usage Monitoring Systems and Risk Management in the Defence Environment
* Experience of Defence projects and use of Defence Standards
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Improve Engineering Capability (Practitioner)
* Technical Decision Making (Expert)
* Communicating and influencing
You will receive a generous benefits package including market-leading employer pension contributions of between 26.6% and 30.3% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Whilst you will be based out of the listed location, DE&S promotes Smarter working, which provides flexibility over where work is carried out whilst ensuring organisational outcomes are delivered effectively and efficiently. We adopt an 'attend for a purpose' approach in relation to visits to site.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other