Position Design Manager
Location Luton - remote
Day Rate Competitive
Duration 6 months
An exciting opportunity as one of UK’s largest main contractors is looking to recruit a Design Manager to join them on a freelance basis out of their Luton office. You will be working on public sector projects with values from £2m to £5m, previous experience working on similar sized fit out or new build project is preferred but not essential.
- Design Manage healthcare projects from inception through to completion
- Lead the verification, validation and certification of designs, & ensuring compliance with Building Regulations and Employer’s Requirements (ERs).
- Ensure delivery of design documentation in line with design and submissions programme:
- Monitoring and “policing” document control system:
- Liaise with internal and external construction and design staff
- Utilise lean construction techniques to save money, reduce waste & optimise construction.
- Support the implementation of the BIM protocols, including teamwork and collaboration and the management and sharing of data relating to BIM models
The successful candidate should be a graduate with an understanding of Design and have experience in a similar role. They will have worked for a main contractor or architectural practice previously ideally on other frameworks be that public or private sector. Good working knowledge of BIM is desired. This role involves traveling to sites as well as the office so you will need to be able to drive.
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role. If you have any other questions feel free to call me on 0207 167 4806 or alternatively please send in a CV to [email protected]
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Construction
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)