Full Time Position
December 2021 Start
We are looking for a Science Technician to start to a school in the Kendal Area from December 2021.
The Science Technician will be responsible for:
Co-ordinating and providing practical resources and facilities to science laboratories ensuring timetabled deadlines are met
Provide assistance and advice in the practical aspects of the science curriculum, by liaising with teachers and other support staff
Ensuring the health, welfare and safety of staff and pupils in accordance with health and safety legislation as far as is possible.
The ideal person will have;
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Good oral communication skills
· Flexible attitude to work
· Ability to work in an organised and methodical way
· Numeracy & literacy skills (relevant scientific skills for post)
· Attention to detail skills
· Basic DIY skills
· Ability to use relevant scientific equipment
· Knowledge of procedures to prepare molar concentrations of solutions and use of relevant equipment
· Awareness of Health & Safety issues particularly in relation to chemicals used in Science.
· Awareness of CoSHH
· Good interpersonal skills
· Commitment to undertaking relevant training and development
· Plan and organise workload to meet deadlines
· Carefully use very expensive equipment;
· Instruct, and check the work of, others;
· Provide information, advice and guidance on use of scientific equipment.
· Previous relevant experience or the ability to demonstrate the competence to carry out of the job.
Vida Education offer excellent rates of pay and take great pride in providing a quality service to candidates and schools. We are an experienced team who specialise in placing secondary teachers, primary teachers, cover supervisors, teaching assistants and school admin and clerical staff into positions all across Cumbria and Lancashire.
Vida Education are an agency that are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of our staff to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS check, full work history, references and an interview.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education
Less than 1 year
Student (Higher education/Graduate)
Secondary School or equivalent