The main objective of this role is to deliver diagnostic and repair services for new and existing products. You will provide insightful and timely diagnosis of product failure modes, allowing root cause actions to be undertaken. You will then be responsible for the repair of electronic PCB and module defects in accordance with internal procedures and IPC A610 standards.
Candidates should have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Demonstrable experience of diagnosis and fault finding on electronic assemblies down to component level.
- Good working knowledge of soldering, de-soldering equipment and BGA rework equipment.
- Good knowledge of SMT processes, PCB ICT and FCT principles and practices.
- Knowledge of PCB software and or FCT Boundary Scan theory would be advantageous.
- Qualified to a minimum BTEC Level 3 in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or similar discipline.
This role involves working shifts alternating 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm Mon-Fri on a weekly basis. In addition, overtime and weekend working will be required as per business demand.
This vacancy is Inside IR35. The rates quoted are PAYE rates. There is also an option to work via an Umbrella company if you wish.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other