This is an exciting opportunity for someone wishing to apply their manufacturing experience and knowledge in a dynamic hands-on environment, producing an exciting product.
The successful candidate will have a broad remit to support the assembly of a very high-performance gasoline engine family.
As a member of our production team you will provide:
- Management and implementation of assembly process changes and work instruction updates across the range of series production variants.
- Specification, procurement and installation of new or replacement facilities and tooling to support the manufacturing processes.
- Management of assembly process quality documentation, including PFMEA, Control Plan and SPC.
- Facilitation of a Kaizen approach to continuous improvement.
- As part of the manufacturing process team - support line balancing activities in line with customer forecast requirements.
- Support production problem resolution workstreams using a standardised process (8D)
- Support the product engineering team with Engineering Change Requests.
- Support for New Product Introduction activities, including assessment of suitability for production, launch readiness and final approval and handover of responsibilities.
- Support the Tooling & TPM engineer when required.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred, however, equivalent combination of qualifications and experience.
- Working knowledge of DC Tooling (Cleco, Atlas Copco), leak test equipment, vision system would be an advantage.
- Strong process engineering skills and knowledge with the ability to find innovative solutions.
- High personal standards of engineering integrity with the passion and tenacity to achieve a robust solution.
- Organised, with an ability to multi-task - able to assess, prioritise and respond with absolute urgency to serious issues, should they arise.
- Proven experience in planning and delivering tasks on time and to high standard.
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate confidently and effectively to a broad audience, both internally and externally.
- A self-starter - able to use own initiative and be proactive in issue resolution.
- Familiar with safe systems of work, quality management systems and key industry standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, etc.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other