The Job: Health and Safety Environmental Manager
Industry: Consumer and Manufacturing
Location: Poole, Dorset
Duration/Contract type: Monday - Friday (Perm position)
As a Health and Safety Environmental Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective management, development and running of all aspects of Health and Safety Environment in conjunction with Lean Principles.
As a Health and Safety Environmental Manager, you are expected to:
- Drive and develop the company's HSE approach and strategy through innovation and the best practice.
- Work with all internal and external stakeholders to effectively manage all aspects of the HSE strategy.
- Act as the main point of control regarding all Health and Safety Environment matters, internally and externally providing technical support where appropriate.
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance of the Management Team and employees in terms of developing, setting, and monitoring progress of goals and site performance.
- Ensure availability of appropriate material resource and safety equipment required for the effective operation of Health and Safety across the sire as well as Health, Safety and Environmental regulatory requirements.
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the Environmental Health and Safety Hazard Control System, policies and procedure which are recommended into changes that reflect improvement opportunities to eliminate workplace accident, injuries, and environmental accidents.
To be considered for the role of the Health and Safety Environmental Manager, you will need:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification with a strong engineering and manufacturing background.
- The relevant HSE professional qualifications - NEBOSH National General Certificate (or equivalent), NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management or equivalent.
- Practitioner member of the institution of Environmental Management and Assessment (PIEMA)
- Proven record of success in HSE with strong understanding and exposure to operations engineering, distribution, and supply chain.
- Demonstrable experience and working knowledge of HSE Management Systems, Environmental, Fire and Hygiene processes, Incident Reporting and Investigation procedures, Auditing and Safety Systems and processes.
- Demonstrable experience of ISO accreditation, specifically ISO45001:2018 and ISO 14001:2015.
- Experience in a metrics focused environment including weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting and analysis.
If you feel like this is a good opportunity for you, please either apply directly or furthermore if this is not something you think is relevant, please send me your CV
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other