Senior Bridge Engineer - Birmingham - Up to £55k plus benefits
This highly regarded Consultancy has been operating for over 159 years here in the UK and has built up an enviable reputation for being one of the world's market leaders in the Bridges sector, With their headquartered in London and offices in Birmingham, Bristol and Sydney, Australia they are proud to offer client-focused engineering and technical solutions on major engineering construction projects worldwide in the infrastructure, energy and industry sectors, and working with contractors, international monetary funds and developers.
They are involved in schemes at all stages of the life cycle including development; planning; detailed design; independent design checking; value engineering; technical advisory; and construction supervision services.
Their experience includes bridges, ground engineering, highways, ports, industry, energy, rail systems and tunnels. Current major projects include HS2 rail and Hinkley Point C nuclear power station in the UK; Padma Bridge in Bangladesh; the Kampala-Jinja Expressway in Uganda; Hay Point Coal Terminal Berth 2 in Australia; and the Port of Abidjan in Côte d'Ivoire.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and undertake assignments in the UK and overseas
- Assist and support the development and maintenance of a high level of technical capability to deliver the service offerings targeted
- Deliver engineering solutions and report results to managers and clients
- Undertake structural design and analysis using high-end analysis and design software across a broad range of structural types and using various international standards
- Assist in the management of the design process that may include other related design disciplines
- Assist with coordinating design as part of an internal team and liaising with external associated professionals and our clients
- Assisting in the planning and organisation of resources, to maximise fee income and resource utilisation
- Adopt procedures for standardisation of work products and deliverables, and peer review to ensure consistency and excellence in service delivery of the Company's technical work product
- Implement and adhere to Company procedures in the management, delivery and administration of Services
- Maintain strong relationships with other disciplines within the firm
- Assisting with the organisation and management of the technical staff, acting as a line manager, supporting staff recruitment, training, CPD and implementation of 'Best Practice' and procedures
- Assist Graduates through the processes and requirements for becoming Chartered
Key Experience and Qualifications
- Degree qualified Civil Engineer; post graduate qualifications would be beneficial
- Chartered in a relevant discipline (ICE, IStructE)
- Working knowledge of structural processes and design, with a particular emphasis on data interpretation, design & analysis, construction and advanced numerical modelling
- Extensive knowledge of Eurocodes and other national and international industry standards, contracts, methodologies, procedures and best practice.
- Experience of computer analysis of structures and design of structural elements in common materials i.e. steel, concrete, composite, fibre reinforced concrete and CFRP.
- Experience predominantly in large scale (c.£100m+), high profile infrastructure projects, for a range of UK and international Clients in various construction market sectors, including Design & Build projects.
- Experience in the design and construction engineering of highway bridges essential, and of railway bridges is preferred
- Experience working on major bridge construction and modern bridge erection works and construction techniques would be considered advantageous
- People management experience e.g. general employee welfare, carrying our appraisals, training and development, involvement in resourcing and recruitment activities would be beneficial
Knowledge and experience in structural analysis/finite element software such as:
- RM Bridge
Familiarity with managing projects involving 3D BIM would be beneficial
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other