Electronics Design Engineer
Product Development is key and as pioneers of consumer maritime electronics you will be working closely with our engineering team to develop new and exciting technology for the maritime sector.
You will be immersed in challenging and diverse projects, surrounded by colleagues who share your passion and dedication. Our fast-paced, learning orientated environment utilises the Scrum methodology and will give you the opportunity to develop new skills every single day.
We will empower you to challenge the status quo with serious ambition being welcomed. We encourage creative freedom and scope to develop through our monthly innovation presentations. You will not just be developing ideas… the concepts that you innovate, will end up being used out on the water every day. The successful candidate will be acting as a design engineer working closely within a larger development team. You will be leading the development of products and features under the guidance of a principal engineer. Additionally, the successful candidate will assist in the scoping, development, and testing of new products and systems.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Must be Educated to degree level with a BSc in Electrical or Electronic Engineering (or equivalent) with 3 years experience in an Electronic design role.
- Experience in consumer electronics and high-volume manufacturing advantageous.
- Should be able to demonstrate knowledge in one or more of the following subjects: -
- Digital electronics: - Microprocessor design, CMOS logic design, PAL/EPLD design, DRAM, FLASH, EEPROM and PROM.
- VHDL/FPGA/ASIC design
- Analogue electronics: - Bipolar transistor and FET design, Operational amplifiers, Analogue to digital conversion, Digital to analogue conversion.
- Power Supply topology and design.
- RF design techniques.
- Should have basic knowledge and understanding of embedded software design (C and Assembler).
- A knowledge and understanding of EMC.
- Use of schematic capture and circuit simulation tools.
- PCB layout and good practices.
- SM technologies and production / test processes.
- Should be proficient in the use of a PC and be able to use Windows (Word, Powerpoint, Excel etc).
- To work closely within the hardware team to help achieve defined goals.
- Design and verification of electronic circuits.
- Testing and debugging of PCB's.
- Design and development of test fixtures.
- Component sourcing and procurement specification.
- Schematic / documentation control.
- Participate and prepare hardware technical specifications.
- Maintain an awareness for tools and technologies and recommend when necessary.
- Ensure all designs are compliant with ISO9000 policy documents.
- Test plan generation.
- Liaise with production to ensure designs are suitable for manufacture and test.
- Maintain competitor awareness.
- A self-starter can work on their own with little input to evaluate information and develop solutions.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Communication is also key and being able to work across departmental boundaries both internally and external interacting with suppliers and manufactures.
- Willing to take on any reasonable task as part of an integrated team.
- Willing to work additional hours when required.
- Occasionally may be required to work off site.
- Clean driving license.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other