IT Service Desk / 1st line support technician required for a 3 month contract (likely to extend) based in Durham.
Working inside of IR35 for a well-established NHS organisation, you will be part of a team which delivers an effective Technical support service to end users. You will be responsible for ensuring the timely resolution of incidents and fulfilment of customer requests, in accordance with standard operational procedures and agreed performance criteria.
- To provide an effective Service Desk and first line support service to NECS and their customers by taking calls directly from customers or by responding to their E mails
- Reviews, proposes changes to, refines and implements policies and procedures on the use and successful functioning of the IT service desk in line with the national ITIL framework for IT service delivery
- To be responsible for ensuring the timely resolution and accurate recording of incidents and fulfilment of customer requests, in accordance with standard operational procedures and agreed performance criteria
- Where possible, to diagnose and resolve as many support queries as possible in the first instance, rather than allocating to a technical team member
- To be responsible for escalation of incidents and requests which cannot or are unlikely to be resolved within agreed service levels
- To distribute support requests to relevant technical teams by assessing the urgency and importance of incidents, and proactively allocating or escalating as appropriate
- Installs appropriate hardware and software ensuring adherence to IT Services policies and procedures.
- Takes responsibility for additional project work as required such as software and hardware rollout.
- Relevant experience in a Service Desk Role
- Demonstrable understanding of current Operating Systems and Office products
- Experience of fault diagnosis and rectification
- Sound working knowledge of connectivity of PC hardware, printers and other peripheral devices
- Experience of working with, but not limited to
- AD User Groups
- Organisational units
- NTFS security
- ITIL methodologies
This position is to start ASAP and will pay between £10 - £14.36 per hour (umbrella - inside of IR35) depending on your level of experience.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other