Cost Reduction Engineer
We are working for a leading Tier 1 Automotive supplier in their search for a Cost Reduction Engineer for a new arm of their business due to recent growth.
You will be responsible for developing cost reduction initiatives with all cross-functional teams, (Design, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Logistics etc) and implement them according to agreed plans.
You will regularly discuss with the companies supply base and formulate future initiatives to ensure the business remains competitive.
Salary of a Cost Reduction Engineer
Up to £44,000
Job Description of a Cost Reduction Engineer
- Work closely with internal functions, Supply base & customers to create initiatives that reduce the cost of company products.
- Ensure all initiatives are appropriately planned out and manage their implementation.
- Regularly discuss cost reduction strategies with companies supply base.
- Network effectively and collaborate with similar positions throughout the Global company.
Skills & experience of a Cost Reduction Engineer
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- An ability to lead meetings and initiate the next steps to achieving the goal.
- Application of engineering tools and techniques e.g. design FMEA, FTA, etc.
- Strong cost saving and lean manufacturing experience.
- Engineering degree or equivalent
Why Should You Apply?
- Work in a desirable industry sector with opportunities for growth.
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines.
- Supply Chain/Logistics, Management
- Quality - Engineering, Management
- Design - Engineer, Management
- Maintenance – Technician, Engineer, Management
- Production / Process Engineering
- Health, Safety & Environmental
- Project Engineering, Management
- Leadership and Management
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing
HND/HNC or equivalent