You will provide technical support in the installations, analysis, and repair of cranes, lifting equipment and mechanical handling systems in order to fulfil customer requirements.
To undertake supporting assessments for lifting and handling equipment in accordance with the relevant design codes and regulation.
To undertake regulatory and code compliance assessments of lifting and handling equipment designed by 3rd parties.
Undertake critical structure, lifting and handling equipment assessments by interpretation of relevant manufacturer's guidance and legislative requirements
To undertake or assist with third party inspections of equipment and systems in manufacture and construction.
To interpret and advise on design aspects related to LOLER, crane and mechanical handling systems
Provide accurate and timely written reports of work undertaken.
To attend Company/Client meetings as required.
Carry out technical onsite audits as required.
Undertake personal and professional development in line with company and institute requirements.
To travel to and represent the business at client locations at home and abroad (limited).
Through support of my client's Engineering Team, develop the ability to: -
- Advise on Technical and Regulatory requirements.
- Perform the role of Suitably Qualified and Experienced Person to support safety case and hazard identification assessments.
- Provide advice and interpretation to customers on complex engineering aspects of Lifting Equipment and other Mechanical handling equipment, relevant codes and standards, material properties, thorough examination, testing, non-destructive examination.
- Support accident and failure investigations
- Undertake assessments of critical load paths utilising NDE and Weld Inspection techniques
- Provide method statements, risk assessment and management.
Create/compile technical proposals in support of the Company business development objectives
Manage and carry out new crane installations
Work as part of the Group Services department in the assessments, repair and refurbishment of mechanical handling equipment
In addition, you will carry out any other duties that reasonably and naturally fall within your role and which the Company deems you to be competent to undertake.
- Minimum HNC in a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering discipline, or equivalent
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Must be able to demonstrate a technical knowledge of lifting equipment within an operating environment.
- Hold structured training qualifications in the field of lifting equipment inspection (LEEA or equivalent)
- Significant previous experience in general lifting equipment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Able to work as part of a team
- Proven ability to carry out tasks within authorisations
- Current valid driving license
- Current valid passport
- Wire Rope inspection qualification
- Project Management qualification
- Personnel Management qualification
- Knowledge and experience of tender/proposal compilation
- Mobile Equipment Working Plant license
- Level 2 qualification in either Liquid Penetrant Magnetic Particle or Eddy Current Inspection techniques
Dependant on experience and to be discussed at application stage
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other