The construction of the Highways Schemes in Buckinghamshire to include (but not limited to) Public Realm improvements, carriageway and footway repairs and reconstruction, drainage, vehicle restrain systems (VRS), temporary works, traffic management, road markings and signs, minor and major improvement works.
General responsibilities of Site Supervisor:
- Supervising the run SOR/and or Defect gangs.
- Book road space, plan up and coming jobs.
- Ordering materials..
- Looking after the various contracts and programs relating to them, managing a crew of operatives with daily interaction with the client as well as the crew, monitoring health and safety and production on site, also programming and costing of works undertaken.
- Run programs on time and completing programs to budget and costing reports.
- Completing to budget by allocating correct resources.
- To ensure effective and accessible communication with staff, client team, designers and others as appropriate.
- To organise and deliver all works in such a way as to ensure that it is carried out within the costs To manage the vehicles and drivers allocated to him/her and to participate in the legal, safe and effective operation.
- To ensure compliance with all Health & Safety legislation, associated codes of practice and Council policies
- To be generally responsible for security arrangements in respect of materials, plant and vehicles on site or at
depots. Ensuring that materials, vehicles, plant and equipment delivered to site are to specifications. Checking
standard and quality of work, sorting out problems on site as they arise.
- Knowledge of Papyrus, CPA and Sap.
- IT literate (MS Excel/Outlook).
- Good working Commercial knowledge - Daily reports for costing of Labour, vehicles etc.
- Driving Licence
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other