Electronics Test Engineer - 6 month contract - Bolton - £32ph UMB or £23.98ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
Clearance Requirements & Eligibility
SC + ITAR
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You will need to obtain a Criminal Record Check. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC. In addition, this role involves direct access to ITAR Material. Therefore we can only consider UK Nationals for this position. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
Production test and diagnostics of complex weapons at system and Subsystem level.
- Testing of complex electronic & electrical equipment, and diagnosis of production test failures down to component level. Identification of corrective action, in a timely manner allowing Manufacturing to continue production in line with programme.
- Assessment of Test Equipment issues, directing support services to resolve equipment failures.
- Evaluation of technical problems in order to develop proposals for investigations and corrective actions, including process improvements.
- Test Engineering representative at Defect Review Board meetings to ensure efficient progress of equipment and quality notifications towards corrective action. Role requirements (skills, training and qualifications)
- HNC/HND (Electronics) Level of Qualifications or equivalent, plus good level of experience in digital & analogue electronics manufacture and test.
- A good understanding of measurement and test principles, and associated equipment.
- An understanding of RF and microwave technology at subsystem level would be an advantage.
- An understanding of Environmental testing (including ESS) would also be an advantage.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other