IT Support Technician required for a 3 month contract (likely to extend) based in Thurrock.
Working inside of IR35 for a well-established NHS organisation you will provide a 1st and 2nd line support service to internal customers (users) via telephone, email and remote sessions.
- To record all incidents and service requests in order to provide good data for Incident and Problem Management
- To restore normal service to the internal customer as quickly as possible, following diagnoses of the incident or service request.
- Using initiative to resolve incidents, seeking advice as required in line with departmental policies and procedures
- To identify, record and report against non-trust items against which internal customers request service
- To monitor and track all incidents, assigning the correct priority to incidents and escalation to the relevant area as priorities change.
- To offer general guidance and advice to internal customers, which at times may be seen as complex for non IM&T Staff.
- To maintain relationships with interfacing business functions and other IT functions
- To implement escalation procedures as appropriate
- To achieve maximum personal KPI's
- Active Directory management/administration/maintenance
- Richmond IT Service Management System knowledge/experience
- ITIL awareness
- Core understanding of Microsoft desktop operating systems and associated applications to deal with 1st and 2nd line user queries/resolutions
- Basic Cisco awareness to allow diagnosis through circuit ID's
- Experience of remote fixes, via Remote Desktop Viewer, RDP or other terminal services
- Anti-virus/backup/window update checks/reporting
This role is to start ASAP and will pay between £14 - £17.50 Umbrella per hour depending on your level of experience.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other