Our contractor client operating in the water sector are recruiting for a Regional Operations Manager to lead their Thames Valley region (flexible working considered).
They are an engineering and construction company working across Power, Energy, Water and Aggregates delivering various projects/programmes throughout UK infrastructure.
- Lead and set an example throughout the Region ensuring promotion and demonstration of our clients' values when dealing with peers, staff, customers and clients.
- Lead, manage and support the Regional Delivery Team ensuring a culture of excellence with regards to Health and Safety, Profitability, Quality, Innovation and Client Satisfaction.
- Foster effective teamwork and communication between Delivery regions and all supporting departments as well as the Board escalating and sharing opportunities and risks as appropriate
- Provide appropriate and regular feedback to the Delivery Director on the Regional performance
- Own and deliver the Regional Business Plan Delivery Objectives whilst supporting all areas with the implementation of the overall Business Plan.
- Accountable for the regional performance by delegating appropriate levels of responsibility to the Regional Project Management Team and ensuring that they effectively manage their teams and clients
- Promote the delegation of authority within the Regional team to enable all team members to be responsible and accountable for their actions
- Ensure that all Health and Safety legislation and regulations are adhered to and promote the positive health and wellbeing of the Delivery team
- Ensure implementation of the appropriate project Governance to minimise project delivery risks and maximise contract profitability
- Be accountable for the successful coordination resource and the effective workload planning across the Region
- Conduct project reviews to cascade learning and best practice throughout the business to avoid repetition of any project issues
- Client Manager for Thames Water - Create relationships with key Thames Water people (middle and senior management) to enable early sight of projects, programmes and procurements and promote our client throughout Thames. Through oversight of all TW work, ensure that work is levelly distributed between regions, coordinating shared ownership of frameworks where appropriate.
- Proven and demonstrable track record as a Senior Manager
- Proven and demonstrable experience with Framework and Project delivery across a wide range of utility and industry-based engineering and construction type projects
- Knowledge of the regional client base
- Clear understanding of contract models and project finances and its relationship to project technical compliance
- IOSH / SMSTS qualifications
- Industry cards i.e. ECS Managers, EUSR
- Driving Licence
- Flexible working arrangements considered
- £65k salary plus car allowance
- Health cash plan with Healthshield
- Standard Life Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Training and development opportunities
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other