Environmental Health Practitioner needed in Barnstaple £11.47 per hr PAYE - Reference:5191456
This role will involve:
- Work as a member of the existing team to carry out programmed food hygiene inspections as assigned to you.
- Responsible for a reactive workload of food complaints and complaints about food premises, as assigned to you.
- Be responsible for a reactive workload of health and safety complaints and accident investigations as assigned to you.
- Act in a consultee capacity for licence applications (Premsies Licences/Temporary Event Notices)
- Responsible for investigation of infectious disease notifications and Covid outbreaks
- Collaborate with other agencies and organisations and, with colleagues where necessary to carry out joined up consistent enforcement interventions (e.g. with Planning, Building Control, the ASB Hub, Housing Benefits) and to develop and improve joint projects and ways of working
Ideally candidates will have:
- Educated to at least first degree level in a related discipline or equivalent in experience.
- Professional recognition
- Hold membership of an appropriate institution (Chartered Institute of Environmental Health).
- A fully qualified environmental health practitioner and hold the Certificate of Registration by the Environmental Health Registration Board, CIEH Register of Chartered Environmental Health Practitioners or Register of Food Control Officers and hold professional qualifications specified in the Food Law Code of Practice
This is a full time role on a temporary contract basis.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Secretarial, PAs, Administration