Adaptation Surveyor based in Uxbridge and the hourly rate is £25.28 per hr
This is a full time temporary contract role.
Employer Reference: 476690
This role will involve:
- Take the lead and be responsible for a case load of residents from start to finish requiring works to their homes, funded by grants, to ensure the works are delivered to the required standards, on time, every time. Ensure that residents are regularly updated on progress by staff and / or contractors where required. Communicate clearly and constructively with residents about the works in their home.
- Responsible for chairing case review meetings and pro-actively work with staff in other services, including Housing Services and Social Care, as well as outside organisations (e.g. health) to identify and agree the most effective solutions to achieve independence for the resident, on a case by case basis.
- Undertake site visits and inspections to ensure compliance with the contract specification and drawings, current legislation and the client’s standards and policies as they relate to the disabilities facilities grants and home adaptations related projects.
- Manage, instruct and advise contractors on site on matters related to quality control and the interpretation of contract documents as they relate to all disabilities facilities grants and home adaptations allocated projects.
- Attend site meetings and maintain accurate records in order to prepare progress reports on site activities and all other related issues to the appropriate supervising manager/ stakeholder.
- Identify product or performance defects, organising and directing the remedial course of action. Ensure the resident is kept fully informed.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Construction/Surveying/ property related Degree, Higher Education Qualification or equivalent experience
- Hold a valid UK Driver’s Licence
- Knowledge of current H&S legislation and CDM regulations and how this relates to the maintenance service
- Ability to write coherent reports and briefings and express complex, cross-cutting issues in understandable formats and everyday language to suit a range of audiences, including senior managers and Elected Members
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Property