Our client is seeking a Project Manager to successfully deliver the pipelines contracts of new reservoir project and other related works based out of Havant.
Our client is embarking on a £123m project to build a reservoir at Havant Thicket. This environmentally led project will safeguard future water supplies and provide a place of natural beauty for the community to enjoy. The reservoir will provide wetland habitats, paths for walking, cycling, running and horse-riding, and a visitors' centre providing a café and educational resources for schools. The project will be mainly delivered through a main reservoir contract and two pipeline contracts, with some additional related contracts.
- Fulfil the role of NEC Project manager for the two, pipeline design and build contracts, and other projects as instructed by the Project Director.
- Manage design development, construction and commissioning
- Work with our professional advisers to ensure that works proceed in accordance with planning permission, licenses and compliance with all relevant regulations.
- Lead health, safety, well-being, quality and environmental performance.
- Scrutinise contractor information, including applications for payment, programmes, compensation events and early warning notices.
- Chair meetings with designers, stakeholders and contractors to coordinate works and drive high value performance which is aligned with the values and priorities of our client.
- Manage key stakeholder relationships to enable the success of the project.
- Produce monthly progress reports and enable timely decision making to deliver successful commercial outcomes.
- Strong communication and team leadership skills
- Good analytical skills with the ability to review and write technical specifications, procurement strategies, business cases, decision support papers and progress reports
- Strong appreciation of risk management techniques, with experience of managing budgets for large construction projects
- Good knowledge of construction materials, processes and equipment
- Experience of using Contract Management Software would be an advantage
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field of study
- More than 10 years of experience of design and construction management
- Experience of leading major, complex civil infrastructure projects, particularly in the water sector
- Experience of reservoir works and/or major earthworks would be an advantage
- NEC contract management experience is essential, ideally with Option C target cost experience
- Chartered with a relevant institution e.g. MICE, MIET
- Project management qualification (PRINCE, APM or PMI)
- Full driving licence (all applicants will be required to undertake our driver assessment)
- Ideally, the successful candidate will have a recognised supervisory qualification or be able to give a commitment to obtain such a qualification
- Salary of up to £75k depending on experience
- Car allowance
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company pension
- Project completion bonus
- February 2022 start
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other