LEAD PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
Reporting to: General Manager
- Plan and execute development activities specifically in relation to the maintenance and extension of Def Stan 02-345 and Product Type Approvals.
- Leads/promotes and oversees continuous improvement in new and existing products and manufacturing process's
- Directly responsible adherence to technical product specifications and build process's
- Manage technical innovation projects for product improvements and new market opportunities e.g. automation, composite flanges, fitting designs, hydraulic hose manufacture.
- Work with the sales & design team as and where necessary to review customer requirements and instigate, manage and prioritise product realisation; process changes to tooling/production methods/procedures/drawings resulting from design changes, rejects and product audits.
- Work in close communication with all departments to assess issues and provide manufacturing process improvements and resolutions including development of Robotic manufacturing and assist in reduction of Rejects and rework rates.
- Document and manage technical documentation. Collate and present information.
- Feedback to senior management on any/all production technical issues.
- Any other duties as appropriate.
Hours of work 8.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. Monday to Thursday
8.30 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. Friday with an hour for lunch each day Some flexibility in hours will be required
Holiday 23 working days per annum annual leave plus statutory public holidays.
Sickness pay Statutory Sick Pay as per current legislation.
Pension The Company will comply with the employer pension duties in accordance with Part 1 of the Pensions Act 2008.
Healthcare Free single BUPA membership (on completion of probationary period)
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other