- To prepare, pack and label products and components for transport internally and to new and existing customers and suppliers to the required timescales.
- To undertake multi-skilled duties as may be allocated within Stores that the efficiency and effectiveness of the service provided by Stores and associated areas is maintained at the highest level and in accordance with company and departmental objectives
- Primary and final packing of parts, components and products in accordance with the customer and technical requirements.
- Validating batch numbers, part descriptions and amount against the SAP system and flagging discrepancies to Supervision.
- Ensure that all goods are packed with the appropriate materials according to the instructions, and that label's and addresses are attached and clearly visible/legible.
- Ensuring that delivery instructions are correct and identify the package to be shipped.
- Liaison with the Logistics team and Shipping clerk to ensure that goods are ready for dispatch in accordance with customer and delivery schedules.
- To undertake self-inspection and quality check of work undertaken in accordance with laid down quality standards and procedures and to manage/assist in the successful implementation of on-going process improvements
- To become competent in a variety of multi-skilled duties within Detail Stores, Raw Material Stores and Internal Transport using a variety of processes and techniques in accordance with company and departmental objectives.
- To accurately pick, pack and issue materials, goods and stock from Detail and Raw Material Stores areas in accordance with requirements, including: Carousel operation and picking of small items. End of Line - picking of larger items to complete the picking process
- To take receipt of all materials, goods and stock from the main factory and external sources into the Detail Stores.
- Internal transportation - movement of goods throughout the factory including use of the fork lift truck, Robur electric pallet stacker and scissor lift equipment.
- Undertaking duties within Raw Material Stores including: Saw operation - cutting to size and delivery of raw material to the machine shop. Inspection using basic measuring and part marking tools
- To assist in the successful implementation of ongoing Lean Initiatives including 5S activities and Continuous Improvement programs - training will be provided to reach auditor level within 5S.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other