Sectors: Surface Materials, Joinery, Shop Fitout, Commercial Fitout, Residential Fitout, Kitchens, Bathrooms or Window Fabricator/Fitout
- £50,000 - £60,000 basic
- Fully expensed company car
- Company bonus based on performance – 10% (non-contractual)
- 29 days leave rising to 34 days
- Phone & laptop
- Immediate start available
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Established for over 25 years, ATA Search is working on a retained assignment and in partnership with a Leeds based fabrication business supplying the specification market sector via end users, subcontractors and main contractors.
This small but growing business manufactures bespoke, high-end and niche products and they set the standards in manufacturing unique and high-quality products that are supplied around the UK.
Currently, the business is looking to recruit an experienced General Manager or Operations Director type individual who will join the business and take control of all business activities from sales, operations, manufacturing, production and customer management whilst playing an integral part in organically increasing sales, revenue and market share.
As a statutory Director on companies house, you will have control of all day to day activities of the business and in the not too distant future, you will be presented the opportunity to have a major shareholding of the business.
If you are working as a General Manager, Operations Director or related role within the surface materials, joinery, fit-out or a related market sector and you are interested in a new opportunity, then please email a CV to [email protected] to arrange a confidential call.
- Manage the senior leadership team and overall business activities with a team of circa 40 staff including skilled Fabricators
- Manage all activities related to H&S, HR, recruitment, disciplinaries, dismissals, 1-2-1s, appraisals, performance management alongside the Production Manager and L&D
- Personally manage all Toolbox Talks, RAMS and daily Gemba walks in the storage area and factory to outline any issues
- Oversee all new commercial sales contracts, estimating, managing specifications for high-value contracts worth over £250,000 including technical qualification and contract negotiation
- Liaising heavily with clients, subcontractors, architects as well as the end-user client to ensure all contracts are delivered on time, to budget and within the set quality standards
- Manage and oversee all production activities in conjunction with the Production Manager. You will manage the production team against delivery dates (OTD), quality, customer complaints and material usage vs specified usage
- Resource planning, scheduling and materials management will be a key aspects of your role
- Manage subcontract teams for site installation on site
- Manage any warranty claims and any quality issues that may arise with corrective measures
- Technically support the sales team with technical information such as design criteria, product specification as well as delivery & service
- An experienced General Manager, Operations Director, Senior Manager or related role within the specification market sector
- Ideal industry backgrounds will be related to surface materials, solid surfaces, joinery, kitchen & bathroom fit out, commercial fit-out, furniture manufacturing, window manufacturing or similar
- A proven track record in managing small to medium teams with skills trades and Fabricators
- Experienced in operations management and commercial activities related to customer interaction, contract management and contract execution
- Commutable or based in Leeds, West Yorkshire
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information or please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Search by emailing an up to date copy of your CV to [email protected]
ATA Search specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
fully expensed company car + company bonus based on performance - 10% (non-contractual) + Pension +
- Industry Sector IT & Internet