Process Department Manager
- £50,000 - £70,000
- Company bonus
- Car or car allowance negotiable
- Matched pension
- 25 days’ leave + 8 Bank Holidays
- Life insurance
Location: Derby, Derbyshire
Commutable from: Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Loughborough, Burton-On-Trent, Ashby, Coalville, Tamworth, Swadlincote or Lichfield
My client is a specialist manufacturing business that sells, design, manufacture, build, install, project manage and commission large-scale process plant equipment for both new factories and retrofit projects. With their in-house engineering team, they offer electrical, automation and mechanical engineering services whilst supplying total turnkey solutions to their customers.
Boasting blue-chip clients and regarded as one of the UK’s top two players within their respective field, my client specialises in providing turnkey solutions where they will design & manufacture full factory solutions. This multi-million-pound business boasts annual sales of more than £15 million, and they have a strategic plan to organically grow by 10% year on year.
The company are a true investor in people and can offer fantastic training as well as support for further education. If you are an experienced Process Department Manager or a Lead Process Engineer who has led or managed Process Engineering Teams, then please contact me on the details below for a confidential call.
For further information and a confidential call please email a CV to [email protected] and a suitable contact number for me to reach you.
The role of the Process Department Manager will be:
- Reporting to the Engineering Director, 30% of your time will be spent managing the department and the team and the remaining 70% of your time will be spent hands-on completing process design and managing projects of various sizes from £50,000 to £1m+
- Playing an active role in the delivery of process designs and process design projects
- Professionally manage the Process Engineering Department, providing leadership, technical support and guidance where necessary
- Develop and monitor departmental standards, procedures, objectives and targets
- Develop and implement new process engineering software packages and tools
- Manage Process Engineering resource allocation to provide adequate and appropriate support with all project and tendering requirements including the control of sub-contract labour
- Develop process engineering solutions for projects from quotations through to commissioning
- Complete and take responsibility for accurate costing of all process engineering elements of a project in conjunction with the proposals team
- Ensure all project work conforms to ISO 9001:2015 and Project Lifecycle Procedures
- Carry out technical discussions and design reviews with project teams, Customers, Sub Contractors and Suppliers
- Value engineer process designs to maintain competitiveness
- Liaise with the Customer to create an overall process design from initial concepts
The ideal Process Department Manager will have a combination of the following:
- An experienced Process Department Manager or a Lead Process Engineer with a track record of leading and managing teams
- The ideal applicant will have a track record working in a process environment such as hygienic, food, drink, dairy, brewing, brewery, distillery, water, pharmaceutical, energy-to-waste or related
- Experienced in producing P&ID flow diagrams and chemical calculations
- Must have an engineering/chemical qualification
- Based or willing to relocate to the Derbyshire region
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information, please contact Ajay Bhella by emailing your CV to [email protected]
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
company bonus + car or car allowance negotiable + matched pension + 25 days' leave + 8 Bank holidays
- Industry Sector IT & Internet