Environmental Health Officer needed in Lambeth paying £25.00 per hr PAYE Ref: 475713
This role is working full time hours on a temporary basis
- Dealing with service requests and giving advice to tenants, occupiers and landlords as appropriate.
- Carrying out such specific investigations and surveys as may be assigned.
- Including advising on Housing standards enforcement and standards in houses in multiple occupation, hostels and bed and breakfast accommodation
- To carry out reactive and proactive work in respect of all types of Houses in Multiple Occupation.
- Carry out reactive proactive work in respect of all types of property licensing (mandatory and discretionary).
- To initiate and carry through enforcement action in respect of all legislation within the remit of the Private Sector Housing Enforcement Service, and to attend Court and represent the client in enforcement proceedings, if necessary, as directed by the Team Manager or the Head of Service.
- To apply the Housing and Health Safety Rating System (HHSRS) to dwellings and make judgements as to the most appropriate course of action. Prepare specifications of work/notices and interpret plans etc on site.
Ideally candidates will have:
- To hold an appropriate Environmental Health Registration Board approved Academic Qualification e.g. MSc Environmental Health, BSc (Hons) Environmental Health.
- To enable full registration with the Environmental Health Officer Registration Board (EHRB)
- Ability to apply the housing and health safety rating system (HHSRS) to dwellings and make judgements as to the most appropriate course of action. Prepare specifications of work/notices and interpret plans etc on site.
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services