Logistics Administration Team Leader – Peterlee (Up to £26,500)
*Join a fantastic, close-knit team
*Well-established, global Manufacturing business!
A global Manufacturing business, that have been established for over a century.
Job Description of a Logistics Administration Team Leader
- To control and manage the transport and Admin team and processes to ensure customers’ goods are dispatched in line with agreed service levels, cost, and quality.
- Control and manage customer’s returnable packaging to ensure production and customer deadlines are agreed.
- Communicate with Sales /Customer Support to ensure all delivery concerns are dealt with pro-actively in a timely manner and countermeasures implemented promptly.
- Ensure effective transport planning results are achieved in a quality and cost-efficient manner to meet customer agreed service levels.
- Lead the Transport and Admin team to ensure timely production of all transport and warehouse documentation to ensure the timely delivery of customer orders is achieved.
- Compile SOP for new processes and ensure existing documents are correct.
- Ensure the Logistics and Admin team are aware of Health & Safety issues, hold regular meetings sending reports to the Health & Safety team.
Skills & experience of a Logistics Administration Team Leader
- 3 or more years’ experience in Customs Trade compliance. Knowledge in Customs classification, preferential and non-preferential origin, and exports.
- Comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of international trade regulations for region specific countries with a special focus on customs regulations, procedures and local practices, tariffs, duty preferences/programs, E/I compliance controls, free trade agreements.
- Descartes Customs Compliance Software Knowledge.
- Systems knowledge - AEB, NES and Microsoft Office applications
- High level proficiency with MS Excel
- Strong Export shipping knowledge
Why Should You Apply?
Opportunity to join a global business that have a fantastic order book and offer training and career development.
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines.
- Leadership and Executive Level Appointments
- Engineering - Production, Process, Project
- Technical – Electronic, Software, System, Automation
- Design - Mechanical, Electrical, Draughtsperson, Manager
- QHSE - Inspector, Technician, Engineer, Manager
- Maintenance & Trades - Technician, Engineer, Manager
- Supply Chain & Logistics
- HR & Finance
- Customer Service & Admin
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing
Secondary School or equivalent