Revenue & Customs Digital Technology Services (RCDTS) are working alongside HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) and implementing bold plans to transform our IT and digital services. We are already one of the most digital organisations in the UK, and our aim is even more ambitious: by 2022 we will be one of the most digitally advanced tax authorities in the world.
We are using digital services and smart data to help people deal with us effectively and efficiently, but also allows us to better identify the minority who seek to avoid or evade their taxes. Our IT infrastructure is one of the largest and most dynamic in Europe and we are now one of the most digitally-advanced tax authorities in the world.
Our role sits within Chief Digital & Information Group (CDIO), whose vision is to run a secure, flexible and modern IT estate that enables innovation to meet changing policy needs and evolving customer and colleague expectations.
We work with hardworking, upbeat people who grow with the challenge of delivering transformation on a huge scale, and who already have real hands-on experience of driving through both technical and business changes.
Role & Responsibilities
You will be accountable for the operational assurance and governance of IT services
You will immerse yourself in all aspects of the service and align and develop these services with the needs of the Customer Groups at the foremost of your mind.
You will be a point of contact for Delivery Groups and will develop a good understanding of the CDIO & Service Management and Operations accountabilities.
You will use your service management experience to support the investigation of raised issues and escalations.
Duties will include:
- Provide quality-assurance and approval of changes and, new services
- Provide advice & guidance to Delivery Groups.
- Provide support to Major Incident and chair post Incident review sessions, track and support actions and provide guidance.
- Ensure delivery against ITSM Process deliverables and all associated KPIs
- Carry out ITSM trend analysis to identify and drive continual improvement
- Creation of Service Reports that illustrate the performance of the Delivery Group
- Chair reviews of the Delivery Group performance and track remediation activities
- Work closely with key partners to ensure the success of the IT elements for Key Business Events
You will already have experience and knowledge of
- Influencing internal/external teams to meet/exceed Key Performance Indicators
- Building strong relationships with key partners
- The Live-Service Lifecycle, from design, through transition into Live and then ongoing support
- Identify trends and continual improvement
- Analysing issues and how to lead others to the same solution.
- Good all-round communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority including ability to create in non-technical language.
- Creation of reports & review of documentation.
- ITIL 4
- Managing services in a digital environment by Agile & DevOps and an understanding of differing project management methodologies; Agile vs Waterfall.
- Risk analysis
CVs should clearly demonstrate how the candidate meets the essential criteria stated above.
Applicants will be sifted based upon contents of the CV providing evidence of the essential criteria.
If you are successful at the sift stage, you will be invited to interview to demonstrate your suitability. Interviews will focus on your application, knowledge, experience and competence and the essential criteria required.
Sift will be held Friday 3rd December with interviews taking place on Thursday 9th December. Due to COVID restrictions interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the recruitment manager who can forward any queries to the vacancy holder or can arrange for an informal discussion to understand the role better:
Amy Goulding – [email protected]
All applicants will need to provide proof that they have the right to work in the UK. Information on Right to Work legislation can be found at Right to Work in UK
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. As such we encourage anybody who needs a reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process to contact the recruiter or hiring manager dealing with your application who will discuss the reasonable adjustments required with you.
We are committed to offering flexible working within our organisation. We will consider all requests to work part-time, flexibly or on a job-share basis. Please speak to the recruitment team or the hiring manager if you would like to discuss flexible working arrangements.
RCDTS is an office-based organisation committed to achieving the optimum work/life balance arrangements for staff. Where business requirements permit, we are fully supportive of a blend of home and office working.
A copy of the RCDTS Book of Benefits is attached to this job advert
If you are applying for a role in an office within a regional centre location or a transitional or specialist site, then the following may apply: Daily Travel Assistance will be available for this role, provided the successful applicant is a current RCDTS employee and meets the eligibility requirements outlined in the department’s Daily Travel Assistance guidance.
A reserve list may be created if suitable candidates are identified and will last for a period of 12 months.
HMRC’s Technology Sourcing Programme
HMRC faces a number of contract expiries combined with the need to re-balance control over its digital and technology capability to ensure HMRC can respond quickly and effectively to changing requirements and priorities.
This is a multi-year programme to transform how HMRC delivers and uses IT. The programme is in place to design and deliver the safe disaggregation, exit and transition of HMRC’s major IT contracts and stand-up new arrangements to deliver both IT run and change activity.
The programme will develop and implement a new technology supply chain model, protect live services, enable the department to remediate and prevent technical debt, reduce risk in our IT estate, improve cost effectiveness, provide flexibility and establish partnerships with suppliers to deliver innovation.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services