Principal Engineer based in Oxford and the hourly rate is £18.86 per hr
This is a full time temporary contract role.
Employer Reference: 5190704
This role will involve:
- Lead a small locality team on the delivery of the LLFA statutory duty to respond to major and high risk planning applications.
- Appraise Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies and make recommendations as to the acceptability of proposed developments, commenting and advising on the use of Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS), planning conditions and obligations (S106), and providing pre-application advice and securing associated fee income.
- Lead on the development of sustainable drainage policies and strategies to deliver the client’s statutory duties as the LLFA and provide advice to the LPA. Develop and maintain good understanding of SuDS design, operation and maintenance, national and local policies and guidance, planning process liaising with the City and districts, Environment Agency and Thames Water etc.
- The day to day supervision of a small locality team including performance management, allocating technical work and programming to ensure effective service delivery and achieving KPIs.
- Secure, through negotiation with developers, satisfactory detailed design, specification and method statements for adoptable SuDS, highway drainage, culverting and landscaping works. Chair / attend meetings with developers, consultants and external agencies with regard to SuDS and highway works.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities