Our client is one of the most exciting names in managed print, outsourced document solutions and managed IT services. Partnering with one of the largest technology companies in the world has given them an unrivaled service offering which has massively aided new client growth.
Due to an excellent 2021 they are looking to add 2 new members to the new business team.
The purpose of a Business Development Manager is to profile and nurture a database of Strategic, Corporate and Enterprise new business prospects with the goal of identifying and generating new business opportunities, driving pipeline creation, across multiple lines of business to cover natural attrition and support business growth targets.
The role involves cleansing, profiling and nurturing new business accounts and relationships to understand their goals and objectives, the barriers and challenges they face and educating them on why the business should be their partner of choice.
The goal is to generate face to face appointments for Strategic Account Directors to discuss specific projects/topics (tangible opportunities) before they’ve gone to market so the business can be the catalyst for change and stand out from the crowd rather than be involved once tenders have been written.
You will be tenacious and curious in your approach by asking questions in a consultative manner to uncover what technology these clients are currently using, whether it meets their needs, and what potentially we could help them with in the future.
You will use the companies own custom made CRM system to log all your activity and progress with each prospect, recording all information gathered accurately and in a timely manner.
You will manage a set of new business accounts in order to build a new business pipeline capable of delivering the required Gross Profit from sales of your opportunities in the financial year.
- You will be responsible for contacting potential new Strategic & Corporate new business prospects across the UK and building relationships with key decision makers and key influencers
- You will be required to achieve the minimum requirements of targeted activity on a daily basis
- Generating new business opportunities (appointments) to support new business growth targets for our successful account management teams
- Delivering a conversation on our range of products and services on the phone when applicable (full product and service training provided)
- Completing tasks and projects assigned within time frames set
- Providing quality customer service at all times
- Data mining & prospect profiling to be fed back to the business on a daily basis to ensure stakeholders are aligned to each account (Finance, HR, Facilities, IT, Operations, Procurement and Marketing) including email addresses providing the business with ability to run effective email marketing campaigns
- To adopt and use a wider set of tools available to you to support you in your role (such as LinkedIn)
- Discover and research new marketing methods to pitch to your line manager
- A naturally curious, tenacious and outgoing personality
- A confident communicator with the ability to talk with people of all levels
- Great attention to detail with high levels of accuracy
- A background in a B2B / B2C / Sales focused environment is required
- Ideally experience with managed print services
- Passionate about your own learning and development
- Experienced in all social media platforms with an interest in social selling
- Experienced with CRM systems & is skilled in Microsoft office applications especially excel
- Demonstrable skills for using LinkedIn to connect with potential customers
- A competitive team player whilst having the ability to work as an individual
- Be resilient, dynamic and adaptable in your telephone approach and working manner
- A hard worker happy to go above and beyond
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
+ genuine £55k - £60k OTE
- Industry Sector IT & Internet