You will be responsible for mechanical and engineering integrity within the company's product range. As well as playing a vital role in developing of existing and new products while ensuring product quality and engineering performance are up to company standards.
The Primary Responsibilities
- Participating in design and development of new and existing products.
- Working with the Design & Technical team to maintain the technical integrity of the existing product range as well as taking ownership and responsibility of engineering and mechanical performance of product range.
- Serve as the mechanical engineering lead within all areas of the business
- Assessment and management of release process of NPI and sustainment products
- Working closely with the electrical and conformance Technical Controller, QC and Production departments to manage out engineering challenges.
- Feedback and collaborate with key suppliers on technical product development matters.
- Specification of test requirements and development and execution of prototype testing
- Software control and helping to generate and improve supporting processes and documentation within the product development and technical teams
- Producing 3D and 2D CAD
- Provide technical support to other business activities and departments as required and preparing and presenting information, ideas, and data to Internal Customers
- Successfully manage designated technical projects
- Make effective decisions and manage to conclusion
What we are looking for…
- Must have a good level of competence in the use of a 2D & 3D CAD Package (SolidWorks, Fusion 360, Siemens NX or similar).
- Detailed knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes for correct specification to production capabilities (DFM).
- Competence and understanding of Mechanical Engineering principles.
- Competence in the use of other applicable software tools such as Finite Element Analysis, Fluid Flow analysis etc.
- Applicable Degree and/or HNC (Higher National Certificate), HND (Higher National Diploma) in Engineering
- Experience in an applicable engineering development role
- Experience in engineering within the consumer product industry is desirable
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other