Environmental Health Officer based in Dorset and the hourly rate is £19.64 per hr
This is a full time temporary contract role.
Employer Reference: 5190720
This role will involve:
- Carry out and be accountable for an allocated case load of service requests, inspections, sampling and monitoring regimes over a wide range of environmental disciplines. These will include the more complex cases and where difficult or involved discussions and decisions may be necessary.
- Deliver customer focused specialist advice and assistance to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Work within the statutory framework set out in various statutes and laws and exercise a wide degree of professional judgement and autonomy in deciding appropriate action. Keep up to date with competency requirements, relevant statutory legislation, best practice and technical or procedural guidance.
- As directed by the line manager, to development policies and strategies for effective service delivery. Contribute to the maintenance, improvement and implementation of change throughout.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Degree / MSC or Diploma in Environmental Health
- In depth knowledge of relevant legislation, codes and guidance including PACE
- Laws of evidence and investigative and inspection techniques
- Sampling procedures
- Able to support a working culture that is professional, organised and works calmly whilst often under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Up to date working knowledge on IT applications including digital platforms and social media.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services