Working for a global packaging and brand experience business as a Design Planner, your absolute focus must be on ensuring project timelines are communicated and adhered to, while building an exceptional relationship with the client. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a sharp eye for detail who can show a real enthusiasm and determination to succeed.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an individual with impeccable organisation, presentation and communication skills who can illustrate their experience in multitasking. A consistently professional approach of the highest standards is key. This role will be to support the client’s Head of Packaging Design, Design Manager and Account Management teams in all aspects of project planning, batching and data management providing visibility of workload across all stakeholders in the client’s Design studio.
- Agree & manage critical paths timelines for each packaging project and ensure project milestones fall within the agreed timeline/deadlines which have been set, ensuring the project stays on track & highlighting risks
- Sense check and challenge critical path timings working collaboratively with the PM’s, so Design is set up for success and aligned to overall project requirements.
- Work with other project management / planning roles / category to ensure all upcoming briefs and missing elements essential for design work are available and on time
- Ensure design work is briefed into the clients Design studio and work with the Design studio manager and lead Designer to ensure design requirements are met in line with critical path timings.
- Identify / resolve / escalate any issues which may impact the delivery of any job in respect of time-lines to Head of Food Packaging Design Planning and Head of Event Marketing & Packaging Design Food Marketing
- Keep all work in progress trackers and project folders accurate and up to date.
- Provide and accurate on time reporting for studio latest and risks and issues
- Attend line by line briefings from category and ensure Design routes are briefed to AM and planned in to manage through artwork process.
- Organise and attend weekly packaging meetings with & Lead Designer, to review creative, status of projects and discuss new packaging briefs.
- Work with the Art Buying team when photography is required to confirm shoot dates & photography briefs
- Work with Product Developers to organise products & clear briefs for shoots
- Work with copywriting to ensure requirements are in line with project timings
- Work with outside suppliers when required, such as design agencies or freelance illustrators, to ensure to ensure project timings remain on track.
- Support category for Post Implementation Review information from within the Design area and supply to the relevant clients department for inclusion in any Post Implementation Review, if required.
- Support the Head of Design in gathering data to assess the effectiveness of the design studio and each categories design brief effectiveness, tracking trends, and identifying improvements.
- An eye for design and attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills along with the ability to multi-task
- Data management and administration skills
- Strong Excel skills.
- Project planning and tracking experience
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Flexible and hardworking.
- A team player, with an efficient and proactive approach.
- Smart appearance and professional attitude.
- Approachable and trustworthy.
- PC literate – Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Database management.
Salary & Benefits
Salary up to £37k plus package.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing