Apply before 11:55 pm on Tuesday 7th December 2021
Based 2 days a week from either:-
Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham or Liverpool.
At HMRC, we are committed to crafting a phenomenal place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to improve the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make an exciting career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are essential to our success and we encourage applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
About the Team
There could be no more exciting time to be a leader in HMRC, as we support the government’s agenda and undergo huge ground-breaking transformational change since transitioning out of the EU with a negotiated agreement.
The department has a vital role to play in making sure that effective business processes and IT systems operate at the UK border and enable the continued safe movement of goods, passengers and parcels now that the UK has left the EU.
This role is within the Borders and Trade Group (B&T) who are responsible for ensuring the delivery of changes to meet Policy intent and Ministerial objectives for the next phase of EU transition. This includes implementing the Northern Ireland Protocol/Northern Ireland Command Paper, migrating to a single Customs Platform and supporting delivery of an outstanding digital UK border operation by 2030.
You will be joining a GMPP registered Programme, valued in excess of £300m, delivering c100 projects throughout 21/22 and subsequent years.
Specifically, you will work in the High-Level Discovery workstream, accountable to the Borders & Trade Programme for impacting, design & sequencing of changes, ensuring that they meet the Programme’s Strategic Objectives. The workstream is also a meaningful and integral part of the Group’s change control, programme governance and change life cycle management.
You will lead a small team working closely with the Programme’s Business Architect & Target Operating Model teams to define the projects that will deliver the programme’s Strategic Objectives, sequencing those to ensure all dependencies are identified/mapped and that changes are delivered within the Programme’s budget and capacity limits throughout the 3-year Spending Review Period (22/23-24/25).
You will also be accountable for the overall solution design, ensuring that the policy intent is achieved across the full range of projects in delivery and that the overall service proposition works for our customers.
• Plan and design the Programme’s projects to ensure its Strategic Objectives are realised.
• Ensure that all dependencies within those projects are identified and mapped, along with any dependencies between other programmes within HMRC and across Government.
• Plan and sequence the projects to ensure the Strategic Objectives can be realised within the Programme’s budget and delivery capacity.
• Work closely with policy, delivery teams and operational areas to gain sign-off to those plans.
• Articulate and handle key risks, issues and constraints to those plans.
• Coordinate and agree change with policy and strategy teams to ensure business systems, workflows and processes contribute to the target operating model.
• Engage positively in debate and resolve ambiguities, gaining the best possible outcomes for the Programme/Department.
• Build and engage others in a shared vision.
• Promote diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity, respecting difference and experience.
• Seek out shared interests beyond own area of responsibility, understanding the extent of the impact actions have on the organisation.
• Encourage and empower teams to be fully engaged in their work and dedicated to their role.
• Recognised Project Delivery professional, with significant experience of working in a sophisticated Project/Programme environment.
Recognised Project Delivery qualifications, for example:
• Membership of Association for Project Management.
• Leading Successful Programmes (Managing Successful Programmes - Practitioner).
• APM Registered Project Professional.
Please reach out to me if you are interested in applying and have any questions.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services