Electrical Maintenance Technician
Working within an established highly skilled team, to provide corrective and scheduled preventative Maintenance support within our automotive manufacturing and R&D Facility. The position requires 'hands on' strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work both efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Breakdown response for machine tools and assembly and test machines.
- Fault finding, rectification, Basic Mechanical interventions, modification and development of machinery as necessary.
- Liaise with internal and external supplies in sourcing service engineers, spares etc.
- Understand the impact key machine downtime will have, plan/organize accordingly.
- Identify and monitor trackside spares for your areas. Keep an up to date record of required parts
- Understand and identify required spares. Raise purchasing requests and liaise with purchasing to understand deadlines.
- Team player, the ability to work closely with other members of the maintenance team.
- Use of CMMS for maintenance handovers and asset traceability.
- An engineering background with involvement with Machine tools and processes.
- Experience in maintaining, repairing and developing machinery.
- General Knowledge of PLC's and how to fault find.
- Structured approach to problem solvingPC Diagnostics and repair.
- Drive diagnostics and repair
- CNC diagnostic and memory backup / restore experience
- Electronic fault-finding experience
Educated to HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Degree qualification < >IOSH or NEBOSH qualified
- Apprenticeship served
- Self-motivated and have strong and flexible attitude to work
- Demonstrates initiative, drive and desire to succeed
- Ability to stay calm in high stress situations
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Excellent work ethic
- Innovative thinker
- Team oriented
- Ability to work and learn in a fast moving and changing environment, working to deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload.
- To comply with company health and safety regulations such as PPE, showing responsibility of personal safety and that of others.
- Treat colleagues with respect (Equality and diversity)
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other