What will you do?
This is a new and unique opportunity to work alongside the current Director of Knowledge, Analysis & Intelligence (KAI). This will be a peer managed role and the successful candidate will act as a second Director and deputy to the lead Director.
You’ll lead delivery teams working on both policy and operational analysis and ensure KAI delivers a coherent programme of analysis which includes a wide range of published statistics, HMRC’s Research Programme and the implementation of HMRC’s evaluation framework.
There will be the opportunity to shape the role to your strengths and interests and whilst you will have your own areas of responsibility, you will be expected to understand all aspects of KAI work and for each Director to stand in for the other as required.
How will you add value to the role?
- Recent and substantial experience of leading large analytical teams
- Knowledge of a wide range of analytical techniques and practical application of these techniques to solve business problems
- Confidence and credibility in managing multi-disciplinary analytical teams
- Strong stakeholder management skills especially at senior levels, including the ability to delicately handle complex and conflicting views and priorities
- Evidence of ability to innovate and achieve impact
What will you be part of?
KAI is one of the largest analytical teams in the Civil Service. We are a friendly and supportive directorate of around 600 people. We provide analysis, research, and statistics to inform policy and operational decisions.
We have a key role in the Budget process, working closely with policy partners in HMRC and HM Treasury (HMT) as well as the Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR). We also work with Office of National Statistics (ONS), and other government departments.
This role has come about due to the continued expansion of the directorate – in terms of both people and work responsibilities. As deputy to the Lead Director, you will be a member of the Customer, Strategy & Tax Design Senior Leadership Team.
Investing in you
HMRC is one of the country’s largest employers, with around 60,000 people working across the UK.
Whatever your role, you’ll be amongst people with an incredible range of skills and experience.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this challenging and exciting role.
We’re committed to providing everyone with an employee experience that makes you feel connected to your work, your colleagues, and your workplace, and feel proud to be a part of our mission.
Key benefits include:
- Base salary of £93K dependent upon experience
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Additional ones paid leave commemorating the Queen’s Birthday
- Civil Service pension - highly competitive contributory scheme
- Flexible working schemes, including part- time or term-time working
- Generous paid maternity / paternity leave (notably higher than the statutory minimum)
- Tax-Free Childcare (TFC) scheme
- Interest-free travel/ bicycle loans
- Learning and development tailored to your role
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services