Development Management Planning Officer
I am currently working on behalf of a local authority client in the Lincolnshire area who are actively seeking to appoint a Development Management Planning Officer on a full-time permanent basis.
The position of Planner is a key role for the district and as such the postholder will play an active part in supporting the Planning service's role, managing, supporting and encouraging economic growth.
You will be a key member of the Planning service team, contributing to all planning related matters in a flexible post with the ability to undertake a range of duties within the full spectrum of Planning activities - ranging from Development Management where the focus will be on determining applications of varying types and complexity, to Planning Policy development and monitoring and Planning Enforcement matters.
Given that this is a permanent position, this post has been structured so that there are opportunities for appointments at various grades/scale-points, as well as progression within the role. There is flexibility to reflect personal interest, career progression, and business needs, with the range and complexity of the duties being reflective of the continued career development of the post holder.
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must demonstrate;
- Previous experience of working in a local government department
- Basic knowledge of the planning system - including planning policy, and planning enforcement
- Basic understanding of permitted development, householder development and/or tree works applications
- Basic knowledge of local government procedures and practices.
- Experience of using in-depth technology packages for example planning specific software and GIS
Salary on offer is up to £32,234 based on a 37 hour week.
To avoid missing out on this exciting opportunity, contact Jason Fogaty at Matchtech on 01489 873467, or send an up to date CV for a more in depth chat in strict confidence.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other