The primary focus of this role is to:
- Drive all aspects of Safety, Health & Wellbeing for the assigned Delivery Area.
- Promote and assist with both Corporate & Local SH&W Campaigns.
- Foster relationships with onsite operational teams and supply chain to monitor and drive SH&W Performance.
- Undertake Site Safety Inspections for all activities and proactively seek trends or anomalies within the inspections.
- Work with operational site teams to monitor and advise close out of audit/inspection findings, investigations and any other actions relating to the Delivery Area.
- Advise the SH&W Manager of common trends, events or inspection findings for local site activities to inform local campaigns, initiatives and to improve SHW performance across the Delivery Area.
- Apply and communicate the benefits of relevant content of the Business Management System.
- Assure the BMS requirements for all onsite activities and local facilities are met and maintained.
- Carry out internal audits and surveillance activities for both construction and non-construction activities, as required.
- Drive a positive SH&W culture onsite and actively promote and engage with "Making the Right Choice" and wellbeing initiatives.
- Appear on the EKFB "on call" Rota and follow the necessary "on call" procedures, as required.
- Contribute to and support the central SH&W Function as required.
About The Candidate
- Holding, as a minimum, NEBOSH Certificate [or equivalent] qualification in occupational safety and health.
- Holding TechIOSH status or higher
- Ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Strong knowledge and practical application of SH&W on the ground.
- Demonstrable experience of influencing SH&W culture and performance at operational level.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other