Learning & Development Coordinator - 15 month contract - Portsmouth - £19.09ph UMB or £15.08ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
This role requires you to obtain a Criminal Record Check along with reference checks before starting.
The Learning & Development coordinator role is an integral part of the Service Delivery and wider People Services team. They will be responsible for coordination of training across the business; including the coordination of in-house training, working with internal and external providers to ensure training is effective in its delivery to support the overall business.
They will provide a comprehensive administrative service by planning and managing the workload enabling the delivery of agreed commitments to a high quality and to agreed times. This role is suited for an experienced administrator with a good understanding of the general operation of training services.
Working with the business operations, SHE team, HRS and wider People Services to support the Training planning, coordination, reporting and governance to ensure most effective use of resources.
- Administer and coordinate applications, new learning interventions and re-enrolments
- Creation of a training delivery strategy which supports the business
- Support learners with their certification/licensing entries
- Allocate and maintain role based permissions for Learning management system
- Monitor and support with SHE Passport training records to ensure accurate and compliant
- Maintain budgets & approvers and spend reports supporting the business with forecasting and identifying suitable cost effective solutions
- Proactively managing building and maintaining good relationships with internal and external trainers, and stakeholders (such as HRS/SHE/Shared Services)
- Maintain up to date learning records, generate monthly learning reports and carry out data entry activities related to learning requirements
- Schedule local room and equipment bookings and identify safe training locations for heavy/large equipment
- Coordinate Chaperone service for external trainers and/or learners
- Raise PO requests
- Provide day-to-day assistance and administrative support for the team including; enquiries and requests
- General administrative duties as required to support the Service Delivery team and wider People Services team
- Ensure BAE Systems processes and procedures are compiled with, including GDPR
The role holder:
- The job holder is required to understand the roles and responsibilities of the central learning functions to help them understand how best to locally support the training needs of the Maritime Services business
- Requires an understanding of how the team coordinates their efforts to achieve the overall objectives of the team
- Proven track record in administration;
- Ideally with have experience of working within a learning or training delivery role;
- Extensive Microsoft Office knowledge required;
- Experience of producing data for analysis;
- Excellent data entry skills and manipulation of data skills;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Prioritisation of workload, when managing multiple tasks;
- Well-developed business administration capability
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other